Commencement News: Computer Science Department Undergraduates and Graduates Diploma Ceremony
|Date:||Sunday, June 13, 2010|
|Place:||Gates Computer Science Building Lawn (AT&T Plaza)|
Dear Students, Families, & Friends:
We are looking forward to this year's graduation ceremonies. The main
University event will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Stanford Stadium. This year’s
Commencement Speaker will be US Ambassador to the United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice. More information about the
University ceremony can be found at
The Computer Science Departmental diploma ceremony will begin at 12:30 p.m. on the lawn of the Gates Building. Guests should be in their seats by 12:15 p.m. to ensure a timely start of the event.
- There is no limit to the number of guests a student may invite, however seating is first-come, first-serve. No tickets are required. We recommend bringing a sun hat.
- There will be a few disabled seating areas available with easy access from North Service Road (at the back of the Gates Bldg, off Campus Drive West).
- A light snack will be served after the ceremony (around 2:00 p.m.). Finger sandwiches, fruit, cookies, apple cider and lemonade.
The closest parking is Parking Structure 1 (P-1) at the corner of Roth Way and Campus Drive West. No permits are required on weekends. Parking Structure 2 (P-2) at the corner of Panama Street and Via Ortega is not too far (see map below).
- We have a small parking lot off North Service Road which will be available to vehicles with handicapped placards only. There are 16 spaces and these will be given out on a first-come basis. There is an area where cars will be able to pull over (where North Service Road intersects with Campus Drive West) to allow unloading.
- Traffic on campus is heavy during Commencement, so allow extra time for driving between sites & parking. Map to Gates
Photos: There will be professional photographers taking pictures as each graduate receives his/her diploma.